The Special Education Research Institute was established on May 1st, 1994, to support various researches to develop a realistic education model for the disabled. Our mission is to establish a Koreanised education model for the disabled by conducting basic and applied research on special education.
- The Special Education Research Institute studies the characteristics and needs of children with disabilities, educational approaches, parents' perceptions, and difficulties of special education teachers for each disability. Our research is looking for desirable educational directions and specific methods to impact their life improvement positively.
- Academic research related to the field of special education including, academic lectures and research presentations, publication of papers and other related research, service support for special education recipients and family members, etc.
- The Journal of Special Education, published by the Special Education Research Institute, was published once a year (every January 31st) from 1994 to 2016. From Volume 22, Issue 1 in 2017, its publishing was increased to twice a year (February and August).
- In September 1996, the Disabled Vocational Evaluation Support Center was established under this institute, and in May 1997, the Special Children Early Education Center was established.
- Supporting various research projects to establish a realistic education model for the disabled.
- Academic research.
- Any related projects to achieve the goals of the research institute.
- Service support for special education recipients and their families.
- Collecting research data, publication of thesis and other related papers.
- Academic lectures and research presentations.