Undergraduates International Students for Spring 2019
* http://ipsi.kongju.ac.kr (in Korean)
1. Application Timeline (Local time in Korea)
Online Application :October 22, 2018 09:00 a.m. ~ October 26, 2018 18:00 p.m.
Submission Of Required Documents : October 22, 2018 09:00 a.m. ~ October 31, 2018 18:00 p.m.
- * Online application only. Application fee(60,000 KRW) should be paid online.
- * All the required documents should be submitted by post or paying a visit in person after the online application is completed. * The admissions office is open from 9 a.m to 6 p.m. except on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
* All the required documents should arrive by • October 31,, 2018 (18:00 p.m.) to the following address.
- * Address : Department of Admissions, #208 Administration Headquarter Bldg.
Kongju National University, 56 Gongjudaehak-ro, Gongju-si,
- Chungcheongnam-do 32588, South Korea
Interview : November 13 ~ 14, 2018 (10:00 a.m.~)
- - The place and time for your interview will be posted on the KNU website.
- - All applicants must arrive at the designated place and time.
- - All applicants must follow the direction for the interview.
- - You are required to present your ID card or passport.
Notification of admission decision : By December 21, 2018 (18:00 p.m.)
- - Your decision will be displayed on the KNU website (http://www.kongju.ac.kr)
- * The notification of your decision is not provided individually.
Enrollment : Registration deadline will be announced after the decision notification.
- - Your admission will be cancelled without any notice if your tuition payment has not been made by the payment due date.
- * Print your bill from the KNU website. Pay your final tuition fees by bank transfer or at a branch of Nonghyup bank nationwide in Korea.
|Applicants||qualifications(All requirements should be met.)|
-Level 3 or higher on TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean)
-Both an applicant and the applicant's parents should be non-Korean nationals; and the applicant is(or is expected to be) a high school graduate or has attained the equivalent.
- Applicants who apply for Division of International Studies (DIS) can replace the TOPIK to English Language test. Applicant should meet at least one of the following 4 requirements.
① Minimum score of 530 (paper-based), 197 (computer-based), 71 (internet-based) or higher on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
② Minimum score of 5.5 or higher on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
③ Minimum score of 600 or higher on the test of Test of English Proficiency developed by Seoul National University (TEPS)
④ Level B2 or higher on Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
-Level 3 or higher on TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) -The applicant MUST meet ① or ②.
① Both an applicant and the applicant's parents should be non-Korean nationals; and the applicant has completed or is expected to complete 2 years’ course (4 regular semesters) or more than 2 years’ course in a 4-year college.
② Both an applicant and the applicant's parents should be non-Korean nationals; and the applicant has received or is expected to receive an associate degree in a 2/3-year college.
3. Submission of Required Documents
All the required documents should be submitted by post or paying a visit in person after the online application is completed.
- * The admissions office is open from 9 a.m to 6 p.m. except on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
* All the required documents should arrive by October 31, 2018 (18:00 p.m.) to the following address.
address : Department of Admissions #208 Administration Bldg.
Kongju National University 56 Gongjudaehak-ro, Gongju-si,
Chungcheongnam-do 32588, South Korea
4. Screening Process
- After reviewing all documents, qualified applicants will be interviewed under the control of each department.
- Admissions decisions are made based on the results of this interview.
5. Application Fee: 60,000 KRW
- An application fee of 60,000won should be paid online when you apply.
6. Required Documents
- All the documents must be original. Some originals could be returned after they are reviewed.
- If the document is not in Korean or English, you must submit the document with a notarized one in Korean or English.
- Overseas academic documents(transcripts and graduation certificates) need to be authenticated via Apostille or by the Bureau of Consular Affairs.
- Applicants should submit additional documents as KNU requests.
- Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
NO Required Documents 1 One passport photo 2 Application Form (Print out after online application) 3 TOPIK(Test of Proficiency in Korean) certificate
- Level 3 or higher on the TOPIK
4 Cover letter (KNU form, written in Korean) 5 - Freshman : Original Official transcripts of high school
- Transfer : Original Official transcripts of university/college (confirmed by Apostille)
6 - Freshman : Original High School Graduation(or expected) Certificate
- Transfer : Original Associate Degree Certificate(or expected) from a 2/3 year college
Original 2 Year Completion Certificate; shows that the applicant completed at least 2 years in a Bechelor's degree program(in a 4-year college)
( ▲ If an applicant is a graduate from a Chinese school, he/she should substitute this with the Verification Report of China Higher Education Qualification Certificate 中国学位与研究生教育信息网 (http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn) 中國高等敎育學生信息罔 (www.chsi.com.cn) * The Verification Report of China Higher Education Qualification Certificate must be valid March 29, 2019. )
7 Copy of identification card(Applicant’s one and his or her parents’ ones) 8 Original certificate of family relationship issued by government
※ It must show the relationships between the applicant and his or her parents.
9 Copy of passport
(If you stay in Korea, submit a photocopy of Alien Registration Cards of you.) 10 - Bank Balance Certificate; showing that has had more than 18,000 USD in the applicant's account or his/her financial sponsor's one.
10 - Bank Balance Certificate; showing that has had more than 18,000 USD in the applicant's account or his/her financial sponsor's one.
(Applicants who apply through Institute of International Language Education in Kongju National University or Institution of Korean Culture and Education in Kongju National University; showing that has had more than 9,000 USD in the applicant's or financial sponsor's account.)
The certification should be issued after October 01. 2018 and certification should valid If certification has expire date.
- Affidavit of Financial Support (If bank certificate is the bank deposit of the sponsor)
7. Screening Principles
- - KNU does not accept any applicants who fail to attend their interview, or applicants whose interview scores are lower than 60.
- Scores are rounded to one decimal place.
8. Admission Announcement and Enrollment
- Admission Announcement : Admissions decisions will be released on KNU website by 6 p.m. on December 21, 2018.(The notification of your decision is not provided individually.)
- Enrollment : Registration deadline will be announced after the decision notification.
* Print your bill from the KNU website. Pay your final tuition fees by bank transfer or at a branch of Nonghyup bank nationwide in Korea.
9. Important Notes for Applicants
- Applicants should present their ID card when they have an interview.
- Applicants should notify us(the department of admissions) of any changes to their contact information.
- If an applicant is found to have cheated during the application process, his or her admission will be canceled, even if courses have already commenced.
- The academic records and the residence status of accepted applicants are strictly reviewed in cooperation with the domestic or foreign schools. If there is false information, the offer of admission will be cancelled.
- Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Applicants should submit additional documents upon the request of KNU.
The ruling of the Council of Admissions Management will be final regarding any issues not covered in this admission guideline.
- For more information, please contact the Department of Admissions (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
※ We have two versions of the guideline for applicants, one in Korean and one in English. When interpretational differences arise, the Korean version will have priority over the English one.