Graduates International Students for Academic Year Fall Semester, 2017
* http://ipsi.kongju.ac.kr (in Korean)
1. Application Schedule (Local time in Korea)
‣ Online Application : From Monday, November 6, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. to Friday, November 10, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
‣ Submission Of Required Documents: From Monday, November 6, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. to Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
- * only Online application available. Application fee(30,000 KRW) should be paid online.
- * You should submit the required documents in person or via registered mail.
The admissions office is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. except on Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays.
- * The Department of Admissions is located at #208 Administration Bldg. Kongju National University, Sin-gwan Campus at Gongju-si.
- * All the required documents should arrive by November 15, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. to the following address.
Department of Admissions
#208 Administration Bldg.
Kongju National University
56 Gongjudaehak-ro, Gongju-si,
Chungcheongnam-do 32588, South Korea
- Department of Admissions
‣ Admission Decision Announcement : Before Friday, December 22, 2017 6:00 p.m
- - KNU website:: http://www.kongju.ac.kr
- * Individual Applicant will not be notified of the result.
‣ Enrollment : Registration date will be notified later.
- - Cancellation could be happen only if the tuition is not paid in the designated period on the bill.
- * Print the bill from the KNU website and transfer money or pay the final tuition fees at the branches of Nonghyup nationwide.
Applicant should meet all of the following 3 requirements.
- 1) Applicants whose parents are not Koreans.
- 2) International students who have completed primary and secondary school overseas and acquired a bachelor's degree or a master's degree.
- 3) Language Requirements(Applicant should meet at least one of the following 7 requirements)
a. Level 4 or higher on the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK)
b. Minimum score of 530 (paper-based), 197 (computer-based), 71 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
c. Minimum score of 5.5 or higher on the International English Language Testing System(IELTS)
d. Minimum score of 600 or higher on the Test of English Proficiency developed by Seoul National University (TEPS)
e. Level B2 or higher on Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
f. Confirmation letter for Research Capability
g. Minimum score of 700 or higher on the YBM English Language Testing System(TOEIC)
* If applicants submit TOPIK level 4 or Confirmation letter for Research Capability(reference of the Professor), They must have completed Level 4 or higher on the Test of Proficiency in Korean(TOPIK), or Minimum score of 530(paper-based), 197(computer-based), 71(internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language(TOEFL) or Minimum score of 5.5 or higher on the International English Language Testing System(IELTS) or Minimum score of 600 or higher on the test of Test of English Proficiency developed by Seoul National University (TEPS) or Minimum score of 700 or higher on the YBM English Language Testing System(TOEIC) or Level B2 or higher on Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) before thesis evaluation.
3. Required Documents
- 1) One passport photo
- 2) Application Form (After completing the online application, you can print it out.)
- 3) One of these certificates below
- Korean Language Proficiency Test(TOPIK) Certificate Level 4 or higher
- English Language Proficiency Test Certificate (Minimum of 530 on TOEFL PBT / 197 on TOEFL CBT / 71 on TOEFL IBT / IELTS 5.5 / TEPS 600 / TOEIC 700 / CEFR B2)
* All certifications are should be valid.
- Confirmation letter for Research Capability from future Advisor (Professor)
- 4) Research Records and Research Plan [Form2]
- 5) Cover letter [Form3]
- 6) Official Transcript and Diploma
- Master’s Degree: Official Transcript and Diploma of Undergraduate Program
- Doctoral Degree: Official Transcript and Diploma of Master's Program
▲ If an applicant is a graduate from a Chinese school, he/she should substitute this with the Verification Report of China Higher Education Qualification Certificate
- ※ Academic accreditation reports are valid until friday march 30, 2018.
▲ Overseas academic documents (transcripts and graduation certificates) need to be authenticated via Apostille or by the Bureau of Consular Affairs.
- 7) Copy of identification card(Applicant and parents)
- 8) Original Certificate of family relationship issued by government(Notarized one in Korean)
* It must show the relationships between the applicant and parents.
- 9) Copy of passport
* If staying in Korea, submit a photocopy of Alien Registration Cards of the applicant
- 10) Bank Balance Certificate; showing that has had more than 18,000 USD in the applicant's account or his/her financial sponsor's one.
(Valid if the certificate is issued after Monday October 16, 2017 or if it is within the expiration date when it has one.)
- 11) Affidavit of Financial Support(If bank certificate is the bank deposit of the sponsor)
- - All the documents must be original. Some originals could be returned after they are reviewed.
- - If the document is not in Korean or English, you must submit the document with a notarized one in Korean or English.
- - Overseas academic documents(transcripts and graduation certificates) need to be authenticated via Apostille or by the Bureau of Consular Affairs.
- - Applicants should submit additional documents as KNU requests.
- - Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
- A. Online Application : Online application Only. Application fee(30,000 KRW) should be paid online.
- B. Application via registered mail: After completing online application, Submit the required documents to the Department of Admissions. The application must arrive by the designated date.
Address: Department of Admissions, #208 Administration Bldg.
- Kongju National University, 56 Gongjudaehak-ro, Gongju-si,
Chungcheonnam-do 32588, South Korea
- Kongju National University, 56 Gongjudaehak-ro, Gongju-si,
- A. The faculty screening panel reviews the merits of the students' applications.
- B. Successful applicants will be chosen on the basis of the result of documents review.
- A. Applicants can apply to any discipline regardless of undergraduate or master's study. Those who studied different disciplines have to take preliminary courses designated by the department.
- B. Admission will be canceled if any false or incorrect statements are discovered on the submitted documents.
- C. The enrollment period must be strictly observed. Otherwise, admission will be canceled.
3-1. Notice for Documents
4. Application Procedure
5. Screening Process
6. Important Notes for Applicants
* For more information, please contact the Department of Admissions (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)